←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Juan Manuel Marquez Refuses To Give Manny...

Glax0r's Photo Glax0r 06 Feb 2015

Juan Manuel Marquez Refuses to Give Manny Pacquiao Rematch

9secondko's Photo 9secondko 06 Feb 2015

Pac gives this guy many chances. Once he finally wins, it's adios. All class...

Crow's Photo Crow 06 Feb 2015

Its about being underpaid, and Pac pricing himself out.

Pac wants over $20 million, while JMM was offered $7 million for their 5th fight.

JMM deserves the lion's share of the fight.

But, since they both signed a non-disclosure negotiating terms, JMM can't publicly state that money is the issue.

bazooka's Photo bazooka 06 Feb 2015

View PostCrow, on 06 February 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Its about being underpaid, and Pac pricing himself out.

Pac wants over $20 million, while JMM was offered $7 million for their 5th fight.

JMM deserves the lion's share of the fight.

But, since they both signed a non-disclosure negotiating terms, JMM can't publicly state that money is the issue.
Remind me again how much JMM gets paid vs. opponents not named Manny or Floyd.  And also...let me know how often he fights in large venues on PPV when he's not taking on Manny or Floyd.

I get that JMM might want to end this rivalry where it is right now, but nobody should be talking about money here.  JMM is a very wealthy man and that is in large part due to 4 fights vs. Pacquiao.    Just because he performed well in those fights doesn't entitle him to equal paydays.  You earn what the market bears, and there has just never been a huge market for JMM unless he's vs. a big name fighter.

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 06 Feb 2015

View Postbazooka, on 06 February 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

Remind me again how much JMM gets paid vs. opponents not named Manny or Floyd.  And also...let me know how often he fights in large venues on PPV when he's not taking on Manny or Floyd.

I get that JMM might want to end this rivalry where it is right now, but nobody should be talking about money here.  JMM is a very wealthy man and that is in large part due to 4 fights vs. Pacquiao. Just because he performed well in those fights doesn't entitle him to equal paydays.  You earn what the market bears, and there has just never been a huge market for JMM unless he's vs. a big name fighter.
I don't think money is the issue here.  This is the biggest payday for JMM in  a 5th fight, so obviously money isn't the issue.  Crow is just too stupid to understand that.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 06 Feb 2015

Marquez should just retire.  He's given enough of himself to the sport.

Vatoloco's Photo Vatoloco 06 Feb 2015

View Postjohnnyblaze, on 06 February 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Marquez should just retire.  He's given enough of himself to the sport.
I agree.  He's been out a while already and he isn't getting any younger.

View PostVatoloco, on 06 February 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

I don't think money is the issue here.  This is the biggest payday for JMM in  a 5th fight, so obviously money isn't the issue.  Crow is just too stupid to understand that.
Well i wasn't only speaking on whether JMM wants the lions share.  That post was for anyone who might that way.  I'm a big JMM fan but I know all too well that he's not a huge draw on his own.  Only idiots would argue that he deserves more than 50% of the purse in a Pac fight.

gdgills's Photo gdgills 06 Feb 2015

View Post9secondko, on 06 February 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

Pac gives this guy many chances. Once he finally wins, it's adios. All class...

Hey Pac and JMM were both compensated WELL for those battles. It is not as if Pac fought him out of kindness and good will.

Jack Tripper's Photo Jack Tripper 06 Feb 2015

JMM got the last laugh. Pacquiao shouldn't have stalled on those early rematches. This rivalry should have played out a lot sooner and quicker. Everyone got what they deserved.

napoleon336's Photo napoleon336 06 Feb 2015

View PostDanielandres, on 06 February 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

JMM got the last laugh. Pacquiao shouldn't have stalled on those early rematches. This rivalry should have played out a lot sooner and quicker. Everyone got what they deserved.

I agree plus I doubt anyone cares Marquez is refusing the rematch.  It's amazing.  Pac gets knocked out cold and he's still put on a far higher pedestal by most fans than the guy who took him out.

View Postnapoleon336, on 06 February 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

I agree plus I doubt anyone cares Marquez is refusing the rematch.  It's amazing.  Pac gets knocked out cold and he's still put on a far higher pedestal by most fans than the guy who took him out.
Well...why wouldn't he be?  Plenty of people who thought Manny won at least 2 of their 4 fights, plus Manny wasn't handled by Tim Bradley the way JMM was.  Manny's got a pretty nice bunch of wins at welter as well, along with those wins over Morales and MAB.  JMM only has that 1 win over MAB to compare.

simba's Photo simba 06 Feb 2015

View PostVatoloco, on 06 February 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

Yups

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 07 Feb 2015

Put him to sleep again, you did it once, you can do it again, pac shit man.

bignell07's Photo bignell07 07 Feb 2015

Marquez earned 6 million for Bradley  and in his last fight he got only 1.5 million for Alvarado and ya'll expect him to earn $20 million for the Manny fight? Are you kidding?  I think it's a bitch move to refuse a rematch after Manny gave him all those opportunities which he didn't have to do. I think he remembers how bad  he was getting fucked up until he got lucky with that punch. I was a fan but lost respect for Juan manuel for pulling that I don't want a rematch b.s.