←  Boxing Chat

Doghouse Boxing - Dog Pound

»

Ggg-canelo

RickS's Photo RickS 12 Sep 2018

My heart says GGG, and I wouldn't mind seeing Canelo counted out, But...I think Canelo can pull it off if he can fight for the entire 3 minutes of every round.  Last time, he started fast, but allowed GGG to outwork him in the last minute or 2 of many crucial rounds.  I think that cost him the fight.  The one incompetent judge bought into that I think. GGG can help his cause with more head movement and body work, and Canelo needs to work the entire round.  Can't wait.

Shaun Michaels's Photo Shaun Michaels 12 Sep 2018

View PostRickS, on 12 September 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

My heart says GGG, and I wouldn't mind seeing Canelo counted out, But...I think Canelo can pull it off if he can fight for the entire 3 minutes of every round.  Last time, he started fast, but allowed GGG to outwork him in the last minute or 2 of many crucial rounds.  I think that cost him the fight.  The one incompetent judge bought into that I think. GGG can help his cause with more head movement and body work, and Canelo needs to work the entire round.  Can't wait.
Canelo has always had a problem with stamina and consistent work rate, and I don't see that changing tbh. GGG just needs to apply pressure earlier, the jab is already there, perhaps a bit more feinting to get Canelo to move first to show the openings

hitman_hatton1's Photo hitman_hatton1 12 Sep 2018

draw. :lol:

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 12 Sep 2018

View Posthitman_hatton1, on 12 September 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

draw. :lol:/>
20-1 odds on that.

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 12 Sep 2018

Current odds:

Golovkin (-155)
Canelo (+125)
Draw (18-1)

Shaun Michaels's Photo Shaun Michaels 12 Sep 2018

Anyone coming to Vegas for the fight?

boxalettice 's Photo boxalettice 12 Sep 2018

johnnyblaze, on 12 September 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Current odds:

Golovkin (-155)
Canelo (+125)
Draw (18-1)
Triple G 8th round stoppage

Raghavan1's Photo Raghavan1 13 Sep 2018

GGG by wide UD.

Red dosent have the same punch resistance without the peds. So Red fights safe and tries to counter from the pockets only to get busted up by GGG.

The first few rounds go to the swift counter puncher but GGG catches up in the middle to late rounds.

Canelo wont get knocked out though, because he has a good chin.

mos-def's Photo mos-def 13 Sep 2018

Canelo's gonna beat that ass like I thought he would have the first time.

chewbie's Photo chewbie 13 Sep 2018

<p>GGG by UD&nbsp;</p>

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 13 Sep 2018

chewbie, on 13 September 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

<p>GGG by UD&nbsp;</p>
Thatís my prediction as well.

ATLien's Photo ATLien 13 Sep 2018

johnnyblaze, on 13 September 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

That's my prediction as well.
#metoo

johnnyblaze's Photo johnnyblaze 13 Sep 2018

Golovkin was looking a little drained at the presser yesterday...wonder if the years of making 160 are catching up, or if heís just looking old.

rayajr's Photo rayajr 13 Sep 2018

johnnyblaze, on 13 September 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

Golovkin was looking a little drained at the presser yesterday...wonder if the years of making 160 are catching up, or if heís just looking old.
You beat me to it.

Look for canelo to make G look old over night. This could be a thrashing. Im thinking Cotto vs Martinez type of spanking.  

GGG =Great Grandpa Golovkin.

psylancer's Photo psylancer 13 Sep 2018

Rooting for GGG, but I think Canelo takes it. Age will be more damaging than Canelo will.